Postdoc: Drivers of land use and land management at global scale
The CLAND Institute of Convergence project funded by the French national research agency for ten years gathers the efforts of more than 100 researchers in the Paris Saclay area from key institutions in the field of climate change impacts, sustainable agriculture, ecosystem services, environmental impacts and land use socio-economics. CLAND spans the full range of disciplines necessary to make breakthroughs in the integrated assessment of the interplay between climate change and land use and management.
Responsibilities and tasks
The postdoc position aims to:
– assess the drivers of land use and land management at the global scale
– conduct large scale econometric analysis of the drivers of cropping intensity at global scale
– contribute to a review of stylised facts and data on land use and management
– contribute to an assessment of the potential for intercropping at global scale
Required education, experience and skills
Applicants should hold a PhD in economics or geography, with a background in data analysis, land use, impact evaluation, agricultural/environmental economics, or related areas of research.
Desirable skills and assets include:
– strong knowledge in spatial analysis and GIS, econometric/statistical analysis
– strong knowledge in agricultural/environmental economics
– good knowledge in machine learning methods
– a proven ability to work in a team and network with a range of scientists
Salary and contract duration
Fixed-term period of 24 months.
Salary follows national directives including social and health benefits, and is adjusted for work experience.
Location: Campus INRAE Agro Paris-Saclay and Jardin Tropical de Paris in Nogent-sur-Marne
Supervision: Dr. Thierry Brunelle, Dr. Raja Chakir, Dr. Nicolas Guilpart, Dr. David Makowski
How to apply?
Applicants should submit by May 30, 2023 a complete application package by email to Thierry Brunelle () and Raja Chakir () and should include (1) a curriculum vitae including most important recent publications, (2) statement of motivation (see above) and (3) two reference letters.
Nature of the job : Post-doc
Contact person : Thierry Brunelle, ; Raja Chakir,
Application deadline : 31/05/2023