The missions defined by the statutes of the FAERE are the following ones:
- to bring together researchers, teachers, academics and all those engaged in research and/or expertise in environmental economics and natural resources
- to collect the information useful for researchers in the field
- to promote all kind of works in the field
- to take steps and actions to make those works known by public and private institutions
- to build strong relations with the different related scientific associations.