Internship Economic Advisory – Macroeconomic modeling of climate issues F/H
Long internship or end-of-studies project (6 months) available as soon as possible.
Cover letter strongly recommended.
All our positions are open to teleworking.
Deloitte’s Financial Advisory business supports its clients in carrying out their strategic projects with a view to improving their financial and organizational performance. You will work with our national and international clients in industry, services, financial institutions and investment funds on mergers & acquisitions, restructuring, financial advisory, due diligence, valuation, litigation management and fraud audits.
Within Deloitte France’s Financial Advisory activity, our Economic Advisory team brings together some 50 economists, data scientists and engineers to provide market insights and quantitative economic intelligence to support the strategic decisions of our public and private clients. Our team provides a wide range of services, including :
– To assess the socio-economic, climatic and environmental impacts of public and private investment projects, public policies and regulations,
– To model markets and their functioning, analyze interactions between sectors of activity, and measure the impact of strategic transformations in sectors,
– To support regulatory and antitrust cases (e.g., state aid notifications, M&A projects, economic damages).
The Economic Advisory practice offers cutting-edge expertise in assessing the socio-economic impact of the energy transition. Our economists assist manufacturers, public players and think tanks in their analysis of strategic investment opportunities, and economic policies or regulations, for which the challenges and opportunities linked to the energy transition constitute a strategic focus in an increasingly constrained environment.
As our business grows and diversifies, our team develops state-of-the-art macro-economic models to provide decisive insights for our clients. These models are used to carry out prospective studies on the energy transition, climate policies impact assessments, and sectoral analysis over the coming decades. As a member of the Deloitte Economic Advisory team, your main responsibilities will include :
– Theoretical and algorithmic development of CGE and DSGE macroeconomic models,
– Coupling with our in-house technical-economic modeling tools for the energy system,
– Data collection and analysis to build and calibrate prospective scenarios,
– Participation in quantitative analysis work on the energy transition,
– Contribute to the drafting of presentations and reports on the work carried out.
Your career path:
By joining Deloitte, you will have the opportunity to drive the development of our macro-climate modeling assets and their visibility on the market and within our international network. You will be able to strengthen your technical skills while applying them to issues directly linked to the energy transition.
What if it were you? :
– You are a Master’s student in quantitative economics (e.g., PSE, Institut Polytechnique de Paris, TSE, LSE), or from a top engineering school (e.g., X, ENSAE, Mines, Centrale, ENPC) or business school (e.g., HEC, ESSEC, ESCP), with a solid background in macroeconomics and data analysis,
– You are familiar with programming languages applicable to macroeconomic simulations (references in GAMS and R would be appreciated),
– Practical experience (internship or dissertation) would be a plus,
– You are rigorous, organized, creative, autonomous and naturally curious,
– You enjoy working in a team and have good writing skills in English and French,
– You are concerned about the challenges of climate change and want to participate in the energy transition of the economy.
Position based in Paris La Défense.