Evaluator to join ADE’s Agriculture and Environment Department
Interested in public policies related to agriculture, the environment and rural areas?
Have a master’s or PhD in agronomy/bioengineering/economics/related fields?
We are looking for an Evaluator to join our Agriculture and Environment Department. We work on topics related to the EU’s Common Agricultural Policy and on agricultural and environmental topics in partner countries, primarily Africa.
ADE is one of Europe’s leading consultancies, specialised in the evaluation of public policies. We are based in Louvain-la-Neuve, near Brussels, Belgium. We support decision-makers in formulating, monitoring, implementing, and evaluating public policies and strategies.
ADE’s areas of expertise include notably:
– Agriculture, Rural Development and Environment
– Strategic and Impact Evaluations
– Macro-Economic Reforms
– Development Finance and Private Sector Development
– Conflict Resolution, Security, and Fragility
Please visit our website: www.ade.eu
– A university degree at master’s or PhD level in agronomy, economics or related fields
– Minimum 3 to 5 years of professional experience
– Excellent command of English (CEFR level C1 ) and French; other EU languages are an asset
– A strong interest in evaluation of public policies
– Strong analytical skills
– Experience in data analysis, data collection
– Strong organizational and planning skills
– Strong writing and presentation skills
– Strong teamwork and leadership skills
– Ability to work under tight deadlines
Roles and responsibilities:
– Design evaluation approaches and tools
– Design and implement data collection tools including literature reviews and surveys
– Conduct interviews
– Conduct quantitative & qualitative research and analysis
– Draft reports and present findings in client meetings
– Manage projects and teams
– Participate in tender processes and ADE’s wider internal and external activities
What we offer:
– The possibility to contribute to change by providing public policy advice
– Conducting complex, strategic evaluations targeting senior decision-makers
– Gaining experience across a range of different clients, countries and organisations
– Developing your skills as a professional consultant
– Joining an international team of highly-qualified colleagues
– Benefiting from a full salary package, with benefits such as a company car if desired
– Combination of office and home-based work
How to apply?
Only via emails – applications on the job post platforms will not be considered.
Interested candidates are welcome to send their application (CV and 1-page cover letter) in English to the sooner the better and before 14th April 2022. We may process applications as soon as we receive them. Please indicate in your cover letter a possible starting date (as soon as possible).
Nature of the job : Permanent position
Contact person : Quintens Laurence,
Application deadline : 14/04/2022