According to the official FAERE statutes and its internal rules, a new Steering Committee had to be elected no later than the General Assembly held during the annual conference, on 10 September 2015, in Toulouse. The Steering Committee is appointed for 4 years, renewable by half, by the current members of the association, with a list system and a simple majority.
At the deadline (June 30), one single list had been submitted to our Secretary General, in charge of the election. This list features the same Steering Committee that had been formed for the 2-years transitory period that followed the creation of the association.
According to the decisions taken last year by the General Assembly, an electronic voting was organized from September 1st until September 9 at midnight (Paris hour). It was open to any member of the Association joining before September 8 at midnight.
For any further information, please ask Aude Pommeret, our Secretary General (general-sec(at)faere.fr).
FAERE (the French Association of Environmental and Resources Economists) was created two years ago with the objective of improving the links between environmental economists in France, whatever their approaches and methods.
This is a large group (more than one hundred participants EAERE conferences). FAERE promotes and disseminates their work, strengthens their ties with the political and institutional spheres, and contributes to teaching on matters related to the environment.
In this context, the major achievements of the current Steering Committee are the annual conference, the workshops (two per year), the website (with a series of working papers, the job market, and other useful pieces of information).
We propose to continue this work in order to consolidate the actions started and to continue to work for a better visibility of all of our works.
We propose to reappoint the current Steering Committee, and count on your support.
– Dominique Bureau (CEDD – Ministère de l’écologie, du développement durable et de l’énergie)
– Julien Daubanes (ETH – Zurich), représentant des membres résidents à l’étranger
– Matthieu Glachant (CERNA, Mines-ParisTech)
– Jean-Charles Hourcade (CNRS-EHESS, CIRED)
– Harold Levrel (Agro ParisTech – CIRED)
– Vincent Martinet (INRA – UMR Economie Publique – Paris-Grignon), représentant de l’association auprès de l’EAERE
– Fabien Prieur (INRA – LAMETA, Université de Montpellier 1), représentant des jeunes chercheurs
– Katheline Schubert (CES – PSE, Université Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne)